Mt. Batur Volcano Sunrise Trekking
Mount Batur is 1,717 meters high above sea level (the third highest peak in Bali) and considered as one of the sacred mountain according to Hindu belief. It is a semi active volcano located in Kintamani district of Bangli regency. The Kintamani area was once dominated by a massive volcano which created the 3 kilometer wide caldera now occupied by Lake Batur and the active volcano Mount Batur.
The scenery here alone is worth the journey but it is the view from the top that will forever stay in your mind, an experience that you will never forget. The trek to Mount Batur is the most recommended trekking destination in Bali and has been trekked by thousand trekking lovers from all around the world. Mount Batur is also one of the Global Geopark Network in South East Asia located in Bali.
It will take around 1.5 or 2 hours (depending on your fitness level) to climb the mountain. This is perfectly safe as you will be accompanied by a professional local trekking guide. Trekking in the cool, early morning darkness (torches and wet weather gears are supplied, if needed), we begin the ascent (not difficult) to arrive in time to witness a glorious sunrise and experience the stunning morning views of the surrounding crater and lake as well as beautiful landscape panorama of eastern part of the Island.
We will reach the top just in time to see this beautiful sunrise over Mount Abang and Mount Agung, and on clear days it is also possible to see the peak of mount Rinjani which is located far away in Lombok island. Ideally, trekkers should get to the top for sunrise by 6 am, before mist and cloud obscure the view. Light breakfast with special volcanic steamed egg will be served as soon as you reach the top of the mountain.
During our descent, we will explore the three younger craters and the most recent lava flows while we take in the amazing volcanic landscape of mount Batur.
After trekking you can refresh yourself with a swim in the Natural Volcanic Hot Water Spring pool at the beautiful village of Toya Bungkah on the banks of Lake Batur. You will enjoy the fresh clean air, magnificent scenery and views of the Lake Batur, Mt.Batur and Mt.Abang from the pool. Locker facility is available here. Towel, shampoo, soap, welcome drink and snack are included.
At the end of the trip, we will drive you back up to Kintamani for lunch overlooking the volcano and lake Batur. From there you have a spectacular view of lake Batur and also the view of active volcano of Mt. Batur (the one that you have just climbed in the morning) while enjoying your lunch.
On the way back to your hotel, you can also visit another places of interest that we will pass along the way e.g. luwak coffee plantation, traditional village, temples, art & crafts etc. (please note that entrance fee/tickets to those sites are not included in the tour). You can discuss it further with your tour driver/guide on the day.
- 02.00 - 03.00 : Pick up time from your accommodation.
- 03.45 : Arrival at the starting point, introduction and safety procedure briefing by local trekking guide.
- 04.00 : Start hiking from the starting point at Pura Jati Temple, it then will take around 2 hours to reach the summit of Mount Batur accompanied by licensed local trekking guide
- 05.00 : Optional stop for short break and drinking water
- 06.00 : Arrive at the peak of Mount Batur, while waiting for the sunrise a packed breakfast will be served featuring our special volcanic steamed eggs
- 07.00 : Exploring the main crater of Mount Batur and then descend the path down to other craters, number 2 & 3 (the last crater erupted in 2000)
- 09.30 : Arrive back at finish point.
- 10.15 : Visiting Batur Natural Hot Spring at Toya Bungkah Village (full package only)
- 12.00 : Buffet lunch overlooking Mt. Batur volcano (full package only)
- 13.00 : Visit Luwak coffee plantation (optional, free)
Included in this tour:
- Pickup & return transfer by A/C van from/to your hotel in Ubud, Sanur, Kuta, Seminyak, Nusa Dua or other area with English speaking driver
- Experienced English speaking trekking guides
- Flashlights/torch & safety equipment
- Mineral water during the journey
- Light breakfast (bread and volcanic steamed egg)
- Batur Natural Hot Spring (you will also get free towel, shampoo, soap, welcome drink and snack here) (not included in standard package)
- Lunch overlooking Mt. Batur volcano and spectacular view of the crater lake ‘Danau Batur’ (not included in standard package)
- Entrance fees/tickets & parking fee
Recommended to wear/bring:
- Sport shoes or hiking shoes
- Long pants
- Digital camera
We just want to remind you that you should also prepare yourself for this possibility and we would really appreciate your understanding on this matter.